Makes for 2
- 2 Cups Plain Flour or Maida
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150G COLD UNSALTED BUTTER, CHOPPED
- 1 EGG, LIGHTLY BEATEN
- 1 TABLESPOON COLD MILK
- For the Filling
- 1 TABLESPOON EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 DRIED CHORIZO, THINLY SLICED
- 2 EGGS
- ½ CUP (125ML) SINGLE CREAM
- ½ CUP (125ML) MILK
- ½ CUP (50G) Borsalino Cheese
- SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- 1 ZUCCHINI, cut into bite size dices
How to make:
- Place the flour, salt and butter in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. You can knead it by hand too. Add the egg and milk and process until a smooth dough forms. Roll out the dough between cling filsm and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a lightly greased 4cm-deep, 20cm loose-bottomed fluted tart tin with the pastry and bake for 20 minutes in 180°C. Be sure to trim the edges and prick the base with a fork. Additionally line with non-stick baking paper and fill with baking weights before baking to prevent the pastry from swelling up.
- To make the filling, heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chorizo & Zucchini and cook for 2–3 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside to drain on paper towel.
- Place the eggs, cream, milk, borsalino, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the Zucchini & Chorizo mix.
- Bake for 50–55 minutes or until set and golden. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes before serving
- Serve hot.