- 115 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 150 grams fine sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Amiksa Creamy cheese- 100 gms crumbled
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 60 ml Milk ( if required more to make the cake batter pliant)
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 180 C oven.
- Line the cake pan with butter paper or softened butter (which ever is handy at your home)
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, sugar and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, flour, baking powder and Amiksa Creamy Cheese and beat on a low speed. Add milk and beat briefly until combined.
- If the butter is curdled donot worry. This is normal.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan and place in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave cake to cool completely in cake pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar (Optional)
- Your moist and sweet lemony cake is ready.